Thursday, April 25, 2013

Freya Marina Padded Half-cup

I'm not at all averse to soft cup bras. I think there are many lovely ones, and can certainly respect that they are healthier to wear day-to-day than moulded or padded bras. However, I really love the Freya padded half cups. They come in cute colors and give a very nice, rounded shape, two things which one cannot always say about soft cup bras.
The Marina has the "stocking stripe" seams, kind of like this lovely Betsey Johnson bra that I am way sized out of. 

Rounded shape! Wires very slightly too wide for me, but I expect that from most UK brands.


3/4 view: My right breast is obviously smaller than my left, which nursing has only exaggerated. The slight gaping is not noticeable under shirts.

Lots of reviews said this band runs very stretchy (like, two sizes stretchy). It's certainly on the stretchier side, but this is a 30 on the loosest hook and I measure 27-28" underbust, so I didn't find it to be too bad. That dimple in my back means my bras never ever lay flat on my skin there, no matter how tight, but the band does not ride up.

I quadboob out of this a little bit if I am swollen at all. Padded half cups don't have the same kind of give an unlined bra does.

Overall, I don't feel the most supported in this bra, but I also don't feel unsupported. I love the colors and the details, the shape it gives, and how sturdy it feels. I can nurse in this bra with only mild difficulty.



No comments:

Post a Comment