Friday, April 19, 2013

Cleo Lucy continued

Last week, I wrote about my struggles with the Cleo Lucy- namely, that it seems to have the G/GG split in design and as such I have to choose between an ill-fitting band or an ill-fitting everything else. Using this method from Hourglassy, I altered the 32FF to fit more like a 30 band. I also bent the underwires. Here's the fit pictures.




Now the Lucy is comfortable, although it looks a bit like a Frankenbra where it clasps. It stretches to 31" now, as opposed to the 34.5" it stretched to unaltered!

Some bras require too much alteration to be worth keeping. My Lucy in 28H is too big in the cups, much too wide in the wires, and the gore is so high that it is incredibly painful to wear. I tried altering the cups smaller, which worked ok, but since the band was kind of tight it pulled the wires even wider and there was no fixing the problem with the center gore. I am still trying to find that bra a home. For bras with only one thing wrong, though, alterations can be great and cost-effective. I wear this white Lucy a lot now!

No comments:

Post a Comment